7 important steps to take before undergoing a body lift surgery:
- Research and choose a qualified plastic surgeon: Do your research and choose a board-certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in body lift surgeries. Check their credentials and read reviews from previous patients to ensure you’re comfortable with their expertise.
- Schedule a consultation: During the consultation, the surgeon will evaluate your medical history, examine your body, and discuss your goals and expectations. This will help you understand the procedure and the potential risks involved.
- Get a medical evaluation: Before undergoing surgery, you may need to undergo a thorough medical evaluation to ensure you’re healthy enough to undergo the procedure. This may include blood tests, ECG, and other diagnostic tests.
- Quit smoking: Smoking can significantly increase the risk of complications during and after surgery. It’s essential to quit smoking at least six weeks before the surgery to allow your body to heal properly.
- Adjust medications: You may need to stop taking certain medications or adjust the dosage before the surgery. Your plastic surgeon will advise you on which medications to avoid or adjust.
- Prepare for the recovery period: Body lift surgery requires a significant amount of recovery time. You’ll need to arrange for help with household tasks and other responsibilities and take some time off work. Make sure you’re mentally and physically prepared for the recovery period.
- Follow pre-operative instructions: Your surgeon will provide you with specific pre-operative instructions that you must follow carefully. These instructions may include fasting before the surgery, avoiding alcohol and certain foods, and taking specific medications.
By taking these important steps, you can ensure that you’re fully prepared for a body lift surgery and that you have the best possible outcome.